Monday, December 28, 2009

My polish recipes call for Maggi. What is it?

It sounds like a seasoning, but I've never seen it or heard of it. Can I substitute something for it?My polish recipes call for Maggi. What is it?
I am a former chef and have used it, similar to the UK marmite it is an all purpose seasoning not SOYA sauce.





It is a concentrated mix of veg, depending on the brand the yellow or red label can have a meat extract, like the powdered Vegita, it is used for seasoning, sauces, soups and meat dishes.





I like it along with the Knorr Aromat for a mix with other seasoning in alot of my dishes. It is a bit salty so remember to tone down your final seasoning until serving time, as excess it difficult to remove after adding.My polish recipes call for Maggi. What is it?
maggi sauce is like soy sauce
Maggi is very German! My husband uses it on loads of foods. I guess it is rather like soy sauce, only stronger. You could probably search on the internet and find companies that sell it.
Maggi is a brand of soy sauce. It is a bit lighter in taste than the other common brands of soy sauce.
Like soy sauce
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maggi


It's a dark, salty liquid used often to season e.g. soups. Quite popular in Poland.

No comments:

Post a Comment