Sunday, December 20, 2009

Recipes needed for healthy Indian snacks that can be stored unrefrigerated. My kid is in hostel so I need to?

give him healthy stuff that he could munch on. He is into sports so a high calorie snack would also be wonderful.Recipes needed for healthy Indian snacks that can be stored unrefrigerated. My kid is in hostel so I need to?
Black chanas are good at room temperature. In fact, white chanas can be made with a dry salad of choped onions and coriander leaves and lemon juice and oil and they taste pretty good at room temrerature.


So is ata or sooji halwa. So is aloo methi. And parathas if they have a lot of oil. And paneer veggie sandwiches. Bananas, mangoes, Etc





All of these are good for an atheltic kid.


I study nutrition and can tell you those prepackaged biscuits and cookies and namkeen in India are not very healthy and there is nothing like fresh food.Recipes needed for healthy Indian snacks that can be stored unrefrigerated. My kid is in hostel so I need to?
Roasted chickpeas:








All you have to do is preheat the oven to about 400 degrees Fahrenheit, mix 2 cups of cooked chickpeas (garbanzos) with a tiny amount of oil, just enough to lightly coat all of them (olive oil worked for me; I actually sprayed it so I wouldn't have to use too much), about a teaspoon or so of any kind of seasoning and then a few dashes of salt. Curry powder or garam masala, or a mix of the two, is lovely in this case. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet, put in the oven for 20 minutes, give them a stir and bake 10 more. They're done when they're crunchy and crisp. Let cool completely and they'll keep stored airtight about a week.
You can go to %26lt;-http://www.chinese-healthy-recipes.com


That site lists almost all Recipes.


Not only the recipe you are looking for but also other popular recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment